Thursday, November 16, 2006

Centro Medico. . .


Last Thursday, shortly after I left the post asking you to pray for Sandy, we had to rush to the hospital. Sandy's headaches started to become more intense, the pain was moving down to her neck and shoulders. At first we were very scared and I was ready to get Sandy on the next flight home for some quality health care. However, as we prayed together and tried our best to listen to God during such a stressful situation, it seemed that He was making it very clear that we ought to stay put. As we headed to the hospital I was preparing for the worst. You see, we have visited some of the public hospitals here and they are not exactly the type of place I wanted to see the love of my life trying to recuperate. Let me tell you that God continued to show Himself faithful, time and again, as we went through this difficult situation. Sandy was placed in her own private room with air conditioning, television, mini fridge and a private bathroom. This was such a blessing because Sandy ended up staying in the hospital for 5 full days. The first couple of days we did not see any improvement and it was hard to trust that the doctors here had a clue. Each day we thanked God for Sandy's private abode and expressed our desire to go home for proper health care and each day there was something that encouraged us to stay. I can't explain how much it meant to us to have so many of you praying for Sandy through this time. I know that your thoughts and prayers have been with us regardless of illnesses but this past week your prayers were felt in a new way! I am happy to report to you that Sandy is home from the hospital and on her way to a full recovery. The doctor concluded that Sandy had possibly gotten some sort of virus that was giving Sandy the headaches early on last week. However, he believes that those headaches snowballed into intense migraines by Thursday, which is when we had to bring her into the hospital. Today is Sandy's birthday and she is feeling better than she has in almost two weeks. She still needs your prayers because the pain has continued to come back at times. Please pray for a full recovery as we trust God to take care of Sandy. We love you guys so much!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. Happy Birthday chica. Our God is a faithful God for sure. We will continue to pray for your recovery and also for the doctors and nurses who care for all the sick. We want God to impart upon them knowlege to be able to heal (rather , his instrument to heal). Sounds like you had so many prayers God had to answer. Couldn't see through all that sweet smokey cloud of prayers. You really know God loves you when He places you on the hearts of so many to pray, pray, pray. So relieved to hear you're better. We will still pray for the headaches to leave and never return.And we'll make sure the friends get the praise report and let them know to continue to keep you in their prayers. Pablo prays for you guys all the time. He's even trying to teach pickles (our dog)to pray. I'll let you know how that goes later LOL. Well hang in there onto The Rock and crawl into the lap of nuestro Senor.Con Amor Pablo y Renee

Anonymous said...

Hap Bert Sandy! We love you and are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, Happy to hear Sandy is feeling better. Se are all still praying for her full recovery. And yes our dear son, praying for you too. Pablo calls every day, checking on you both, and is excited to see you both in a few weeks. I'm not sure which he is more ecited about, seeing you guys or going to Hawaii and looking for "Dog the Bounty Hunter". (LOL) Love you guys and miss you, Mom and Dad McD

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a nice birthday Sandy, sorry we got dissconected while talking. And hope your packages arrive soon!! I love you! Mom McD

Anonymous said...

it is so great to hear that sandy is doing better. if it isn't completely obvious now that "the dark side" is attacking you guys?! which confirms more and more that you are right where God wants you and are a huge threat to Satan. i know he will continue to try to attack and bring you guys down, but we all know who is more powerful, and we continue to pray that God gives you guys some of that power to not only fight it off but to be incredibly successful in the great mission that you guys are on! Happy very belated birthday sandy! see you guys soon.

p.s. not having much luck on the gameboy, greg, but my quest continues.

Anonymous said...

shoot! i keep forgetting to sign my name. Chris, Liz, James and Abigail.

amberWIRE said...

Greg & Sandy!
We're so glad to hear that you're back home from the hospital and getting better! Isn't it amazing the weird viruses you can pick up in other countries?

You're building memories :o)
Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Greg girls are nuttin but trouble. Ann marie broke me up. Now I'm goin with Becca.Do you like the message that I wrote to you? I didn't know it was your birthday, Sandy. My mom didn't tell me. Happy Birthday.I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm going take you guys to the steak house at Robert's work and I'm paying.I talked to Mo. I'm spending the night at Mo's house for Christmas. I'm praying for you coming back safe.The pictures from the friends is a group picture of us. I guess Lois wants us all in a group picture. I think Lois is probably going to send you one, I don't know. Won't be no friends group this Wednesday. Oh also Kimmy has a new dog.Her dog's named is buttercup like reeces buttercup.Don't ride with Tommy.Tommy can get you lost.He got me lost at bowling. That bowling was awesome though.I hope you write me again soon. (Pablo thinks you write the blog to only him LOL).That's all I can think of. I love you guys. I miss you. Love Pablo

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you both this morning. Get the cheez-it yet? So nice to talk to you Sandy yesterday, and it was so nice to hear the o'l Sandy. We will keep praying daily for full recovery and strength. God in his faithfulness is right there! As each day goes by we miss you more, but then again it is so evident that you guys are right where He needs you to be. We know that when we are in the right place that is where the enemy will work his hardest. Don't be discouraged, our God is faithful. Phone is ringing, Pablo again...talk to you soon. Love Mom McD P.S.Have a great time away this weekend, we will drink a few extra cups of hot cocoa for you as you relax. (LOL) ...and I will have a cup ready for both of you when you come in a few weeks, can't wait!! Kim just waiting to play spoons with Sandy and Kayte!!(LOL)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you! Sandy GET WELL! You matter to Sheila and to me. You are loved. We'll keep praying so BLOG again soon and let us know the update.
- Mark Beeson

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, hope you are enjoying your weekend!! Parade?? Resort?? I think you chose the right one!! (LOL) Hey Greg, they have carharts on sale at "UHANS" (LOL) saw the big sign out front for after Thanksgiving sale. (think they may be the same carharts from 1993?)Talk to you both real soon, Love, Mom McD

Anonymous said...

hey guys, hope you had a nice time on your weekend away. Sandy...you feeling better? still praying. Love you both, see you soon!! Yeah!! Love from, Mom and Dad McD