Monday, January 15, 2007

A Time to Pray!


Once again we find ourselves in desperate need of prayer. We spent the Christmas season in Michigan with our families and it was a great blessing. During our last week home Sandy started getting headaches again. So bad that we canceled all of our plans for that week. We waited and prayed and waited and prayed and she was getting worse, not better. Well, we were supposed to fly back to D.R. on January 8th, 2007 but instead we found ourselves in the ER with Sandy on the morning of January 7th. For those of you who do not already know we have decided to extend our stay here at home to try to get some answers. Right now the plan is to stay an extra month. Sandy is seeing a chiropractor three times a week and we are seeing doctors in the meantime. Like the doctors in the D.R. the doctors here are concluding that Sandy is struggling with migraine headaches. Sandy is trying a migraine medication called Imitrex right now, and she has been on it for about a week. The first four days brought excellent results and we were hopeful that we had found a solution, however, the last two days she has really gone downhill again. Please pray for Sandy! Pray that the Lord our God would heal her. Pray for the doctors that will be treating Sandy. Please Pray! Thank you

6 comments:

amberWIRE said...

GREG! Thanks for updating your blog so we can pray for Sandy!
SANDY! I can't believe you're still not feeling well! Ryan and I are praying for you, and we think it is a GREAT idea for you to stay in Michigan for a while longer so that you can get the health care that you need! We love you and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandy, I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad! I went through all the different migraine meds too, and Imitrex didn't work too well for me either. Maxalt and Amerge work much better for me, if you're looking to try something new- hopefully your doctors will find the best one for you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey you two!
You matter to me and I'm praying for Sandy. I'm sure your decision honors God and allows your commitment to each other to increase with every passing day. Staying here will be challenging ... but placing so high a priority on each other during this time of trial will enhance your marriage and your witness for Christ in ways you can't even imagine. You guys are awesome. Keep loving each other well. You are a great example to all of us.
- Mark Beeson

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. migraines are horrible. I hope you are doing better sandy. I am praying for you both! I miss you and maybe now I can come see you?????

Anonymous said...

Hi! Came across your blog. My husbands aunt and uncle have been missionarys in the DR for a long time and he actually got really sick last year at this time and so he was flown to the Mayo Clinic where they have been since. I know they are finally looking forward to going back. I'm sure it's hard being away from the ministry God has called you to but the health care is soooo very much better here in the U.S. Praying you'll find answers soon. By the way their names are Tim and Trena Johnson. I believe they are in Santiago.
God Bless,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

I'm not very good at checking this web site regularly. I pray for you guys much. Migranes are miserable. I had them for many years and found Maxalt helped me. The biggest thing for me was I stopped eating peanut butter and have only had one or two migranes in two years. I was allergic to peanuts. Pray you guys will get the Lords direction.
Ken and Cheri